Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Fashion Plate: Shimmer Is Served dress


I love ModCloth's Shimmer is Served dress.  It's a drop-waist style (not hugely flattering on many figures), but the princess seams and flowy skirt translate well.  The drop-waist was hugely popular this time last century.  Maybe it's coming back in fashion?  I kinda hope not.  That said, I picked New Look 6020 for the pattern and this silver linen blend for the fabric.  The ModCloth version adds a 2-3" wide waistband and a center button placket at the natural waistline.  I think this dress would look even more fabulous in this tango red stretch cotton sateen from JoAnn's.  I made a skirt with that fabric last January.  That stretch sateen is one of my favorite fabrics.  It's so nice to sew with and it gives really great finished projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment