Thursday, June 5, 2014

FO: Rainbow Socksssss!!!

Here they are!  My awesome rainbow socks!  The colorway is called "Nothing Says Screw You Like a Rainbow" and is by White Birch Fiber Arts on etsy.  Convo her if you want a hank of it and she'll reserve it for you next time she dyes this colorway.

Ignore the white of my legs here.  It is hard to take pictures of your own feet.  I was out camping along the Tennessee River in Alabama.

I used the Fish Lips Kiss heel  formula to make these socks.  I did plain stockinette (obvs) and about 2" of ribbing on the cuff.  I increased 2 stitches every 4th round beginning about 2" above my heel to accommodate my calves.  You can read more about my hate for this heel formula in this post over here.
  Sure the socks turned out nice in the end, but ugh.  I was having some not-so-great feelings at the start.

I think they turned out pretty nice! I need to wear real shoes more often so I can wear my fun handknit socks (now that I have a pair that mostly fits).

Bonus tent shot.
Double Extra Bonus actual rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment