Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Random Wednesday Happenings

Have any of you heard of Graze?  I've been a subscriber for several months now and I really like it.  Graze is yet another subscription service, but instead of makeup, yarn, accessories, or dog treats, you get healthy snacks.  I tend to be a grazer (heh) throughout the day.  I don't eat a lot of food, but I still love my snacks--salty, sweet, savory--Graze has it all.  Here's my latest box:

 Every 2 weeks, Graze automatically sends me a box of 4 snacks.  There is a rating system on the site to narrow down your snacking preferences. 

Trash:  Never send me that item.  I trashed Mango stuff and anything with white chocolate right away and a couple other snacks I tried and didn't like.
Try:  Snacks that you haven't previously rated otherwise.
Like:  Send me occasionally.
Love:  Send me frequently.

All the snacks Graze sends have some sort of benefit.  They may be a serving of fruit, a good source of whole grains, a source of protein, etc.  Graze also gives you the nutrition info in the box.  I have my Graze boxes delivered to my office.  It's a great mid-week pick-me-up.  I think Graze snacks would be great to send to school with your kids too.  It's built-in portion control and is better for you than Doritos and cookies.

I get my boxes on Wednesdays normally (this one was late!), so I only had a chance to try one last week.  I tried the twist of black pepper popcorn.  I wasn't sure what I would think of it.  At first I couldn't taste the pepper at all.  After a few handfuls, the pepper was in force!  It was a nice change from the typical salty popcorn I normally eat and I really loved it.  My co-worker thought it was great too.  The snacks normally aren't big enough for real sharing, but popcorn from Graze is about 2/3 the size of a standard popcorn bag I think.  Plenty big for sharing.

Graze used to be invitation-only.  I'm not sure that's the case anymore, but if you use my referral subscription code, you get your first and fifth box free.  (And I get $1 off my next box, full disclosure.)  People see me with my Graze snacks and always think it's worth it.  Oh yes, the money part.  Graze costs $6 per box including shipping.

These chili and honey almonds were my favorite Graze snack so far.  They NEED to send me more of them!

I walked around my yard on Sunday to see what was going on.  Well, I actually saw this butterfly and chased it around my yard, bumping into other things along the way.




  Here's what's "growing" on around the yard.

SO MANY PEARS.  These need another 45-60 days on the trees.

A couple apples.  This tree has never been a big producer.  It flowers early in the year before the bees really come out.

Blackberries.  I have to get them before the birds do.  The birds are usually faster.  I tend to get enough for a smoothie each year. 

That's it for today.  How does your garden grow?

No comments:

Post a Comment