Thursday, January 17, 2013

Sew (Bi)Weekly

I have been following the Sew Weekly website off and on for a little over a year now.  It's so interesting to see how the different contributors take to the theme and create something so unique every single week.  I dreamt I would someday have the motivation to participate in a project of this scale.  I have so many projects I want to make.  So much fabric.  So many patterns.  Sometimes, however, I just don't have the motivation.  I'm putting this out in the blog world for a little accountability.  I came up with a plan to just have a FO bi-weekly.  I came up with a list Sew Weekly style and I really hope I can make it through the end of the year.  Without further ado, here's my list:

Jan 14  - Skirt
Jan 28  - WIP
Feb 11 - Red
Feb 25 - WIP
Mar 11 - Polka Dots
Mar 25 - Plaid
Apr 8   - Infinity Dress
Apr 22 - WIP
May 6  - Pants
May 20- Apron
June 3  - Yellow
June 17- Favorite Pattern
July 1   - Red, White, & Blue
July 15 - Silk!
July 29 - Colette Pattern
Aug 12 - Separates
Aug 26 - Black & White
Sept 9  - 1950s
Sept 23 - Beads
Oct 7   - Suit
Oct 21 - Stashbust
Nov 4  - Coat
Nov 18 - WIP
Dec 2   - Gift
Dec 16 - Green
Dec 30 - Holiday Dress (Glitter, Cocktail Party, etc)

As you can plainly see, I'm already a few days behind.  I'm working on a red skirt right now.  My hand-stitching skills leave something to be desired.  It's a painstakingly slow process for me and I have to hand-stitch the hem and the waistband facing.  I put in my planner to have this done by saturday.  We'll see!  I have some WIP weeks in here as well because I do have several of those.  I still need to finish up my gorgeous turqouise silk dress and my blue-green parfait.  Those two projects are really what the WIP weeks were made for!

Let me know if you are up for the challenge as well!  I would love to have the company (read:  accountability partners).  Just leave me a comment right down there! I will also accept your comments of "Elle, this is crazy-making, but I wish you luck this year!"

No comments:

Post a Comment