Tuesday, December 11, 2012

And the winner is...

...Belize!

There is an international bus route from Chetumel, Mexico to Belize City, Belize and we are getting on it.  First, we have to walk to the ferry port to catch the 6am ferry over to Playa del Carmen.  Second, we walk to the bus station to catch a bus to Chetumel.  Last, we catch the international bus to Belize City.  Our actual next stop is Dangriga, Belize in southern Belize.  We still have to figure out which bus line goes that route and at what time.  I'm in the process of finding a hostel for us in Dangriga.  I always feel better knowing I have a place to put my stuff when I get somewhere. Speaking of stuff, I already have more of it! I got a nativity for my Pilates instructor and a picture from a street artist.  I'll probably pick up a few more things in Belize and make a trip to the post office then.

I successfully completed my open water diver certification . I'm now a (temporary) card carrying padi diver. Yay! I still have the jaw fatigue, but with a full day of travel ahead of us, hopefully I will be able to get some rest.  After three days in Belize, we'll be heading to Guatemala  No diving there!

I have no pictures today and this might be my last day of somewhat acceptable wifi.  I'll post more updates as I can!

Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment