Monday, December 10, 2012

Decisions, Decisions

It's certainly a rough life when your only decisions are what to eat and where to go next. :D I wrap up my open water dive certification today.  It's been incredible so far.  It's challenging and inspiring at the same time.  There are so many different kinds of fish in the water here.  I saw three seahorses on Sunday, which I'm told it's rare to see seahorses at all let alone three!

We are weighing the pros and cons of staying in Mexico and heading over to Merida or going straight to Belize.  I know I want a break from diving for a couple days because I am feeling some serious jaw fatigue already.  Pro for Merida, con for Belize. Cozumel is really safe--there is almost no crime here and crime shuts down the island from people leaving and arriving.  Merida is not safe says the locals here in   Cozumel.  I'll ask the dive master what he thinks of Merida on the boat today.

So blogreaders, any experience in Merida?  Should we go there? And since what's a blog post without a picture, here's our elephant housekeeping left us yesterday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment