Friday, February 22, 2013

Freezer Friday: Breakfast Edition

The beauty of freezer cooking is you don't have to do it a lot.  This is even more true when you are just cooking for one.  That said, I don't have any new recipes to share with you right now because I haven't needed to make any more food! One thing that I don't keep much of in the freezer is breakfast foods.  I don't eat breakfast at home and it's easier for me to just grab a banana and a yogurt and call that breakfast.  It's just my thing.  I recognize that some people have families that get pretty upset if they don't get all their daily meals and I put together a list of some pretty great recipes just for breakfast.


Breakfast BurritosYou can add whatever you want to these and have something like an omelet to go.  Perfect!
Sausage Biscuits:  Make your favorite biscuit recipe or buy the ones in the can at the store, bake those, cut each biscuit in half.  In the meantime, cook breakfast sausage patties until desired doneness.  Put one sausage patty between each biscuit and wrap with foil before putting in the freezer.  When you want to eat, 30 seconds in the microwave at 30% power and they are perfect!  It's really that easy.   
Baked Oatmeal:  This is one I have made many many times.  I love oatmeal.  This recipe is super simple.  The hardest part is probably getting all the oatmeal bits in the freezer bag when it's done baking.
Smoothies:  Are you a morning smoothie person?  Here's a super simple solution to the mad rush in the morningmix your favorite smoothie recipes up ahead of time.  Pour the individual serving amount into a freezer bag.  Freeze flat.  Pull your pre-mixed smoothie out in the morning and leave it out to thaw for a bit.  Jump in the shower, get the kids up and dressed, and after a half hour or so, put the bag's contents in the blender and mix it up again.  You save precious time in the morning by cutting and mixing up everything ahead of time.  It's worth it!
Have a fantastic weekend everyone!  I know I will!
~elle

No comments:

Post a Comment