Monday, July 29, 2013

FO: Lovebirds Dress

Here's the finished version of my second Colette Parfait.  I love this pattern so much.  In the near future, I am going to work on a plain top version and drafting something more like sleeves for another version.  This version uses a stiffer quilting cotton and it doesn't breathe as well as the last one I made.  That greenish one is made out of kona cotton I think.  It is a lighter 100% cotton fabric I picked up at JoAnn's.  So, I don't know how I feel about the feel of this dress.  I love it, but I don't know that I love it.  I really need a do-over on the pictures.  It was so bright and sunny out for round 1 and I look like a mess 8 hours later for round 2.  Here you go:
I look so displeased to be taking pictures.  I noticed my hairstylist parted my hair wrong and one side is way longer than the other.  My hair parts on the right!
 


What am I doing/


I'm gonna sneeze.  I'm trying not to laugh.  These pictures...





Selfie of the chest.  Fancy.



I have giant shoulders.  Wow.


Weird exposure picture.


I really need to get better at taking pictures of my FOs.  I notice in some of them that the camera angle is wrong and it cuts me off at the knees.  It's not something I think about until I save the pictures to my computer.  I'm working on it!

So what fabrics do you normally sew with?  Do you find that your taste in fabric matches your taste in actual finished garments?  Let me know!

~elle

No comments:

Post a Comment