Monday, July 22, 2013

FO: Swiss Dot Colette Chantilly

I finished my Colette Chantilly dress.  I like the way this one turned out.  I took a few inches off the length of the last one I made and that was a big mistake.  I don't know why Colette Patterns are made so short.  I had to make a bunch of bodice drafts to get the fit right.  I don't think I have pictures of the stages I made, but I will try to come up with something to make a post of that because those bust adjustments are the whole reason I finally decided to make a blog.  Anyway, this is Version 2 (the one without the pockets).  It's made out of a very sheer Swiss Dot I picked up at Hancock Fabrics in Savannah last year.  I think the 2.5 yards I bought cost $15.  My quick math accounting brain says this dress cost me $30 to make including 1/2 the pattern cost and the white cotton batiste I used to fully line the dress.  Pictures!

This is pre-hemming with bonus crazy hair!  That is 9 feet of skirt.  I want you to know that.

I cut a huge chunk out of the bodice.  The gathers are what make the dress, but I just couldn't stand all the poofiness.  Extreme boob close-up!

That's it for now!  Hopefully I'll have a new WIP to show you on Wednesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment