Wednesday, July 24, 2013

WIP: Lovebirds Dress

Here's another Colette Parfait.  I love this pattern so much.  I saw this Michael Miller Lovebirds fabric and I fell in love with it.  I bought 7 yards.  That is serious love and commitment.  This dress also represents a huge leap out of my comfort zone.  I never wear prints.


See how off the bodice and skirt are?  This happened on both versions I made and I think it is something in the pattern.  I'll have to hold add 1/4" to all the sides of the bodice pieces and to the back side pieces OR decrease the seam allowances to compensate here.  It was frustrating to deal with this.  I kept thinking I did something wrong.


Pockets or no pockets?  Definitely pockets!
Do these pattern variances ever happen to you?  This is the first pattern that hasn't perfectly lined up for me.  Leave me a comment and let me know how you handle this problem.  My solution was to move the zipper right against the cut edge and curve the zipper towards the seam allowance as I got to the skirt.

~elle

No comments:

Post a Comment