Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Fashion Plate: Have the Dance Floor Dress

Fashion Plate: Have the Dance Floor Dress

 
 
This week's Fashion Plate is ModCloth's "Have the Dance Floor Dress in Teal," except mine is mostly aqua.  The fabric I chose is this white and turquoise mini dot fabric.  I thought this aqua trim went well for the accent.  McCall's 6557 is the pattern I chose for this look.  The inspiration dress doesn't have traditional bust shaping.  As you can see, there are small pleats emanating from the center bodice.  The ModCloth version has a V-back too, but I find that you can have a low front or a low back--not both.  The bodice just won't stay put on one's shoulders if front and back are both low.  Does you have a different opinion on that?  It could be just me and my shoulders of doom.

No comments:

Post a Comment