Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Fashion Plate: Aisle Be There

This is the perfect Valentine's Day dress.  You better get on it ladies!  The inspiration is ModCloth's Aisle Be There dress in rose.  I think I featured Gertie's pattern once before:  Butterick 5882.  I scooped up a copy of the pattern a few months ago when JoAnn's was having one of those pattern sales.  Such an amazing dress deserves to showcase an equally amazing fabric.  For this dress, I thought a cotton silk poplin would provide the appropriate sheen and drape.  You could also use something like a charmeuse, though I'm not so in love with the kind of drape that would provide.  I think you need a bit more structure and the charmeuse would be tough to sew.  

I love this dress.  I need to find some fancy dress parties to attend so I have reason to make dresses as fabulous as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment