Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Fashion Plate: Poppy In for a Visit Dress



This week's inspiration is ModCloth's Poppy In for a Visit Dress.  It's made in such a simple fabric.  I chose this red stripe fabric from fabric.com, though this same fabric is in about a bazillion other colors.  My pattern choice is only marginally close to the inspiration.  I have long-coveted the Belladone dress from Deer & Doe, but have yet to purchase and make the dress.  The dress has a back cutout and pockets and a floaty skirt and and and...  I love it!  I enjoy playing with pattern placement when I'm working with stripes and this is something I hope to do more of this year.  I seem to have a lack of stripey fabric in my stash, however.

I'm back with the Fashion Plates.  I didn't intend to take a hiatus, I just lost my creative mojo.  I'm hoping it's back for a while.  My time is in short supply these days with work and running and other obligations.  I don't think I've sewn a stitch in at least a week.  I'm going to have to make a deal with myself to sew at least one seam a day to have something like progress on things.  Life:  Why you so hard?


Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment