Monday, August 12, 2013

Cocoa Beach Trip

I went to a convention in Cocoa Beach at the end of May.  Even though I was in town for a reason, I was going to find fun things to do while I was there.  It's kinda what I do.  We left town at about 7am central time and by 4:30, I was hiking in the little park near the hotel.  I meandered back to the beach after the BBQ to check out the sunset and take pictures, of course.






"I Dream of Jeannie waas part of Cocoa Beach when a television sitcom ran from 1965 to 1979 starring Barbara Eden as a 2000 year old female genie and Larry Hagman as an astronaut.  The TV series was set in an around Cocoa Beach.  Barbara Eden visited Cocoa Beach in 1969 when the "I Dream of Jeannie" street sign was placed at Lori Wilson Park."





Either the botanical folks got it wrong or the grapes migrated.  There were no muscadines to be found anywhere near this sign.  Fail.

This racoon is amazing.  We kept checking each other out.  (S)he would move, then stop to watch me.  I'd move.  The raccoon would move.  It was quite the dance!



Is it wrong that I only want to drink my beverages out of flamingo straws from now on?  I think not.






Gratuitous beach photos.  I love this dress!  I bought it in Guatemala.  Made in Mexico. 

The sunset was in the other direction, since I was on the east coast.  I kept looking for it over the water and having to remind myself that things are different on this coast!  The sun rises and sets on the water where I live.  It's always pretty!  Speaking of sunrises, I took some really great sunrise pictures that weekend too.  Just not this day.  I'm only sharing my Friday pictures in this post.
 
The only thing better than weekend road trips and vacations are vicarious weekend road trips and vacations, amirite?  Enjoy!
 
~elle

No comments:

Post a Comment