Thursday, August 8, 2013

FO: Colette Hazel

Something else finished!  It's pretty awesome to have a hobby that you get Bonus! new stuff at the end.  So here's my new dress.  In hindsight, I should have underlined all the pieces.  I'm dissapointed with myself that I didn't even though I thought about it before sewing any seams.  I decided it waws way too sheer after I added in the zipper and made an actual lining for the dress.  An underlining would be better.  Lesson learned:  underlining is a valuable tool.


I spent quite a bit of time making sure all my stripes were lined up and matching and that I was getting this pattern exactly on grain.  Good results, yes?

Check out that muscley back!


I found these flowers in my yard!  I had no idea they were there.  This is where a big rose bush lives.

And there is also a random spigot.  I have water lines everywhere in my yard.

My dog needed her belly rubbed of course.  Then I stopped and she ran away.  Sorry about the bonus cleavage!  The straps grew as the day wore on.  I'll have to take them in about 1/2" to keep them nice and tight all day.

I had a very productive July I think.  I got quite a bit of sewing done:  a chantilly, 2 parfaits, and most of a hazel.  All Colette patterns too.  I still need to tackle pants.  Maybe August will be the month I make the clovers?  What's your favorite Colette pattern?  Leave me a comment below!


~elle

No comments:

Post a Comment