Monday, October 28, 2013

FO: The "Emerald Lady" Lounge Tank

It was finally less cold yesterday and I was able to get some pictures of Butterick 5932.  I was not even going to put this on and stand outside in the 50º temperature! 

The "Emerald Lady" Lounge Tank


Just the Facts:
Fabric:  emerald two-way stretch fabric FREE!
Notions: Thread from stash, clear elastic
Pattern:  Butterick 5932, view A
Year: modern ~2013
Time to Complete:  ~4 hours including tracing the pattern
First Worn: October 26, 2013 just for the pictures
Wear Again: yes, when it is warmer!
Total Cost: $2 including the pattern

This is the cami pattern.  I lengthened the skirt 2.5" on the bottom to get it more "dress" like.  I also omitted the lace on the bodice.

This went together really easily and was super-fast to make.  I used a zig-zag stitch for all the seams.  I guess my knits needle was old because it skipped stitches frequently.  Annoying, but I didn't care enough about the project to change the needle.

Yup.  I'm wearing a bra because hello internet!

The bodice piece is actually 4 pieces sewed together--two each for the front and the lining.  You gather the center of each front and then stitch those together.  The second to last step is attaching the lining.  I didn't like how the instructions had you attaching the lining, so I did it differently.  I think I stitched the sides first, then stitched the top.  Instead of handstitching the bottom of the bodice, I just straight-stitched the seam allowance in place.  I also straight-stitched along the top to keep the lining from flipping up.

A bug just flew in my eye!

I don't know why the stupid self-timer photos turn out blurry every single time!  Here's the back.  The straps aren't gathered because I had to chop a bunch of the strap off for fit.  The back has two rows of elastic to keep it fitted.   The bottom of my foot really wasn't dirty!  That must be a shadow! (as I look at the bottom of my feet...)

So that's it for this project.  Super-easy and I highly recommend it if you are into these lounge dresses like I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment