The "Emerald Lady" Lounge Tank
Just the Facts:Fabric: emerald two-way stretch fabric FREE!
Notions: Thread from stash, clear elastic
Pattern: Butterick 5932, view A
Year: modern ~2013
Time to Complete: ~4 hours including tracing the pattern
First Worn: October 26, 2013 just for the pictures
Wear Again: yes, when it is warmer!
Total Cost: $2 including the pattern
This is the cami pattern. I lengthened the skirt 2.5" on the bottom to get it more "dress" like. I also omitted the lace on the bodice.
This went together really easily and was super-fast to make. I used a zig-zag stitch for all the seams. I guess my knits needle was old because it skipped stitches frequently. Annoying, but I didn't care enough about the project to change the needle.
Yup. I'm wearing a bra because hello internet!
The bodice piece is actually 4 pieces sewed together--two each for the front and the lining. You gather the center of each front and then stitch those together. The second to last step is attaching the lining. I didn't like how the instructions had you attaching the lining, so I did it differently. I think I stitched the sides first, then stitched the top. Instead of handstitching the bottom of the bodice, I just straight-stitched the seam allowance in place. I also straight-stitched along the top to keep the lining from flipping up.
A bug just flew in my eye!
I don't know why the stupid self-timer photos turn out blurry every single time! Here's the back. The straps aren't gathered because I had to chop a bunch of the strap off for fit. The back has two rows of elastic to keep it fitted. The bottom of my foot really wasn't dirty! That must be a shadow! (as I look at the bottom of my feet...)
So that's it for this project. Super-easy and I highly recommend it if you are into these lounge dresses like I am.