Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fashion Plate: Breathtaking Tiger Lilies Skirt

Make This Look: Breathtaking Tiger Lillies Skirt


I found another clone! I'm on a roll. You can make this gorgeous skirt from modcloth using the Zinnia pattern that was just released by Colette. It's a perfect match, right! I picked out a rayon challis for the skirt. Rayon challis is something I can never find in the store. I wish it was around more in my area. Rayon challis has a smooth and luxurious hand and a swooshie (I made that word up. DGAF.) drape.
This fabric is a fantastic "bottom weight" fabric--great for dresses, skirts, pants, etc. That's not to say that it can't be used for tops, just that this is a heavier fabric compared to something like voile--super lightweight and floaty and demanding of a lining for a skirt. If you are feeling a little lazy and don't want to make two whole skirts in order to make this look, go for something like that rayon challis.
This is my third Make this Look so far. How do you like it? I'll keep it up as long as I feel inspired. It's fun for me and it helps me expand my pattern detail knowledge. Having to really look at the garment from ModCloth and see if it has princess seams or side darts or pleats or whatever. It's a little bit of a challenge for me and I LIKE it! I also try to match the fabrics or find something that would just work well for the finished garment.
I would love to see any of your ModCloth hacks.  Got any?  Link em to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment